SOS global solution
The SOS global solution sales technique is an advantageous replacement for cross-selling and upselling techniques, thanks to a global solution that will best satisfy the customer through a combination of products and services that you offer because you are the specialist in your field. The idea is not to try to add one additional product […]
The SOS global solution sales technique is an advantageous replacement for cross-selling and upselling techniques, thanks to a global solution that will best satisfy the customer through a combination of products and services that you offer because you are the specialist in your field.
The idea is not to try to add one additional product after another, at the risk of frustrating the customer, but rather to propose the best possible offer from the outset, based on a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s situation and needs. If the customer doesn’t have the financial means to afford the ideal solution for him, then we’ll reduce the offer by prioritizing his most important and urgent needs.
SOS global solution – sales techniques
- Total solution
This method is particularly effective for customers who contact us to purchase a specific product or service. The idea is not to immediately offer the requested product, but to first ask questions about the customer’s situation and objectives, in order to check whether the solution he is asking for is the best one for him, and whether it is possible to advise him better. It’s also a way to discover your psychological motivation using the SEC or SONCAS method. With the information obtained, the salesperson can then recommend the best overall offer and adapt his sales pitch to the buyer’s motivation.
How to apply the method
Here’s a general example of how to use the method
- I would like to purchase product X
- Yes, I understand. In order to serve you better, can you tell me about your current situation? Your goals?
- Perfect, then I’ll offer you something even better than product X, a combination of product A, product B, and service C.
In the financial sector
- Client :
- I would like a $20,000 credit
- Conseiller :
- What is your financial situation?
- What’s your objective? Your project?
- Customer: I want to travel abroad
- Conseiller : Je vais vous faire proposition globale, beaucoup plus intéressante pour vous,
- A loan
- Systematic savings to improve your credit rating and make it easier to repay your loan.
- Sickness insurance so that you can repay your loan even if you have to stop working
- A credit card for your trip with transport insurance, you’ll also earn points when you use it.
- Cliente :
- I want make-up, I’m tired after work
- Conseillère :
- I’ll find that for you, but first, tell me, how does your skin feel at the end of the day?
- What would be your dream for your skin?
- Cliente :
- I work in very dry offices and my skin feels tight at the end of the day. I’d like to feel better in the evening, to enhance my face when I go out.
- Overall solution from the consultant.
- It’s perfect, I’m going to offer you a global solution for your skin and not just a solution to hide it.
- First, a protective cream that will make your skin 10 years younger.
- Make-up to highlight your eyes
- A fragrance to please you
The total solution is better for the customer, easier to sell than a single product, and more profitable for you.
On the other hand, it requires intelligent selling, focused on the customer, his situation and his dreams, and of course a lot of practice.